Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialist
Multimedia Engineer and Event SpecialistTracking Code200169 Job Description
The Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialist actively engages with customers providing consultation and technical support services for classroom and event support needs used by JCCC leadership, faculty, staff, students, and college community. This position assists the Sr. Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialists with overall day-to-day operations as well as project-related support services.
1. CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS – Develops and maintains customer relationships.
Performance is acceptable when:
• Provides day-to-day technical support, problem-solving as well as training for customers on the use of multimedia technologies
• Delivers, configures, and supports multimedia technologies used for event activities
• Participates in the testing and evaluation of new hardware and software technologies as well as implementation of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions
• Provides multimedia equipment consultation for conferences and events and documents client multimedia needs
• Provides in-room multimedia support for events
2. MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES MAINTENANCE AND INSTALLATION – Provides day-to-day maintenance and installation of on and off-campus multimedia technologies.
Performance is acceptable when:
• Provides basic day-to-day maintenance and problem-solving support for multimedia technologies
• Provides physical installation of multimedia technologies
• Participates in department equipment maintenance projects such as inventory verifications, firmware updates, and preventive maintenance
• Assists the Sr. Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialist in the planning and completion of departmental projects
• Updates supporting documentation upon completion of installations
The responsibilities described represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to do all assigned responsibilities.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.Required Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Functional knowledge of computing technologies and applications such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of Crestron and Roomview software as well as multimedia control systems with remote control capabilities, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or combined certification and work experience
- Two years working knowledge of a broad range of multimedia technologies
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets college insurance provider requirements
- Two years experience in a conference/event multimedia environment, preferred
Work is performed in both office and classroom/event space environments. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; ability to lift, move, and transport equipment which may weigh up to 50 pounds, bend, crawl, stoop, climb a ladder, and reach in order to provide customer support in the installation, repair and maintenance of hardware, software and other technology. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; accommodate flexible scheduling practices to ensure coverage of department needs; work as a team and independently, interact with college leadership, managers, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time