Part-time Instructor Continuing Education – Technology
Part-time Instructor Continuing Education – TechnologyTracking Code200174 Job Description
The Non-credit Continuing Education Instructor is dedicated to transferring knowledge and application of new skills. Our corporate students are adult learners in professional classroom environments. Classes are delivered open-enrollment public or contract training for specific clients at their site. The instructor will thrive in an accelerated, highly-interactive, instructor-led computer lab environment. The position is student service focused while executing processes for tracking attendance, student progress and grading, and maintaining effective communication with continuing education staff.
- Expert level knowledge of one or more of the following topics:
Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, HTML & CSS marketing through email, social media, You Tube and video.
Front End Web Development
Power Pivot, Excel VBA
Cisco Certified (CCT) Technician, CCNA, DevNet Associate or previously CCNA certified
Solid Works, Inventor, AutoCad, Revit, GIS
Technology/Applications we do not offer but need to offer
- Ability to apply course content to daily work scenarios
- Ability to interface with a wide variety of adult learners
- Ability to be prepared and deliver numerous technology topics
- Ability to facilitate customized training for employers within our community
- Ability to interface with a wide variety of staff
- Willingness to explore and learn new technology and college processes
- Maintain professional demeanor and ethical practices at all times
- Schedule flexibility
- Strong organizational skills
- All positions require applicants to complete a background check
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle. Driving to deliver onsite training for corporate clients may be an option
- Daytime availability preferred
- Three or more years hands-on experience in a related professional field
- Two or more years training or classroom instruction experience. May include delivering training information to peers, staff and management both individually and in groups.
- Recognized Certification in any of the following: ICND1 CCENT, ICND2 CCNA, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, HTML & CSS marketing through email, social media, You Tube and video; Solid Works, Inventor, Front End Web Development, Power Pivot, Excel VBA
- Bachelor's degree
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time