Theatre DIME Affiliate/Part-Time Instructor DENVER Campus
This position is to establish a pool of instructors who will be considered for affiliate/part-time teaching in Denver for DIME DENVER program courses here at MSU Denver campus beginning Fall 2019- Spring 2022.
DIME has partnered with Metropolitan State University of Denver to offer Bachelor of Arts degrees in Commercial Music Performance (guitar, bass, drums and vocals), Commercial Songwriting, and Music Industry Studies. Students take classes in Techniques and Improvisation, Live Performance Workshop, Music Theory, Domestic Music Market, and many more relevant classes. Students also enroll in general studies courses that are required of all MSU Denver students. These include English, Math, Art, Public Speaking, Theater, History and others.
DIME DENVER is custom built for serious musicians who desire a long-term, professional career in today’s commercial music industry. Courses are designed to build strong musical foundations, which allow students to seize opportunities for long and sustained careers.
• Denver DIME Information: https://msudenver.edu/music/dime/
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.Duties/Responsibilities
• Affiliate faculty are part-time, at-will employees hired to teach on a per credit hour basis for specific classes, as needed, on a semester by semester basis.
• Affiliate Faculty are not eligible for benefit coverage under the University’s benefit program. All such teaching assignments are dependent on budget and enrollment.
• An Affiliate faculty member’s duties include: meeting assigned classes or delivering on-line content consistent with University, School, and Department policies; providing instruction in assigned classes consistent with the content and learning objectives of the regular course syllabus and, if appropriate, with Department course coordination policies; being available, either face to face or electronically, to students in assigned classes to provide additional academic support as needed and appropriate for the teaching assignment; and complying with University-wide student evaluation of instruction policies and peer observation policies.
• Teach 3-9 credits hours as needed.
• Teach THE3213 – Staging Cultures: Theatre, Drama, and Multiculturalism and/or related courses.
• Possess a well-rounded knowledge of theatre history and dramatic texts.
• Have proven experience that explores cultures of previously and/or presently marginalized peoples, including but not limited to African Americans, Hispanics, Asian Americans, women, and the GLBTQ community, in order to promote greater understanding of these peoples and their struggles for representation.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts plus eight (8) years of experience; or
• Bachelor’s of Science in Theatre (or related field) plus eight (8) years of experience; or
• Bachelor of Arts plus eight (8) years experience in theatre or related field.
• Degree must be in theatre or related field.
• Degree must be completed by date of application.
• A Doctorate Degree plus two years of theatre experience in a professional setting; or
• An MFA plus three years of theatre experience in a professional setting; or
• A Master’s Degree plus four years of theatre experience in a professional setting.
• Experience, training, demonstrated excellence, and currency as a theatre historian, knowledge of cultures and critical contexts for multicultural studies.
• Knowledge of the changing roles of performance traditions and cultural representations from the ancient times to the present.
• Knowledge of critical and social theories of marginalized and dominant communities and their impact upon the development of theatre.
• Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, student veterans, and English language learners.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
If you have previously been employed by the department you will only need to attach a revised CV.
If you have not been previously employed by the department you will need to attach all of the requested documentation.
Official Transcripts will be required of all candidates selected for hire.Diversity StatementApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Thank you for considering employment at Metropolitan State University of Denver! We would like to know how you heard about MSU Denver and our Career Site. Please select the category below that describes how you heard about the position you are applying for.
- msudenver.edu Career Site
- A friend or colleague
- Andrew Hudson
- Colorado State Home page
- Current MSU Denver Employee
- Google Jobs Search
- Higher Ed Jobs
- The Chronicle of Higher Education