Career Development Graduate Assistant (non-benefited)
Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department: Internships & Career Development
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 28, 2019
Type: PT No Benefits
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
The Career Development Graduate Assistant reports to the Director of Internships and Career Development in the Division of Professional Studies and works alongside the Internships and Career Development team to advocate for students and increase community awareness and student participation in a full range of internship and career opportunities. Responsibilities are to collaborate with the Internships and Career Development Department staff and other departments across the College to develop enhanced student and employer internship pipelines and placements for growth areas in the College.
- Advocate for students with prospective employers and internship sites
- Provide support, as needed, to other initiatives in the Career Development and Internships Department
- Support in the organization of on-campus events (Career Fairs, Networking Events, Luncheons)
- Contribute to the marketing and communication plan for the Department, including but not limited to creating content for both web and social media
- Learn and support the use of the career search online platform (GradLeaders)
- Support student job seekers by reviewing resumes, setting up mock interviews
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Social Sciences, Human Resources, Education or closely related field
- Collaborative, self-directed, outcome-oriented, and strong customer service presence
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, creative thinking, and communication skills
- Evidence of relationship-building
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and utilize new internet-based recruiting and computer technologies
- Ability to relate and understand the needs of a diverse student population and work effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituent
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary Range: 10-18hr/Week @ $15.00/Hour (non-benefited)
Review Date: Open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE