Office Coordinator - Applied Health Science
Position: Office Coordinator - Applied Health Science Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 419 # of Openings: 1 OFFICE COORDINATORApplied Health Science This position is for 40 hours week and for 10 months each year. Position SummaryUnder the supervision of the Chair of the Applied Health Science Department, this position is responsible for providing support to the Chair for his/her administrative duties and for assisting all members of the department faculty with curricular, student-related and professional activities. This position will also serve as an administrative link to integrate the department with the operations of the institution as a whole. Position ResponsibilitiesOffice Administration
- Provide administrative support to the Chair including scheduling support, correspondence, and other requests as needed.
- Serve as first point of contact in the department for visitors, students and all college offices. Respond to phone and visitor inquiries, sort mail, and manage office area and machines.
- Maintain department records and files including both paper and electronic documents.
- Manage financial activities of the department: maintain financial records; monitor the budget; generate reports; research, process, and follow up purchase orders; process check requests and cash disbursements; maintain petty cash; maintain monthly credit card expenses and reconciliation.
- Manage logistics of department events, including partnering with Undergraduate Admissions on department visits for prospective students.
- Oversee student employees assigned to the department office area. Process paperwork and gather, record, and submit approved time cards for all student employees of the department. Work closely with Human Resources and Payroll as needed.
- Maintain department web page in consultation with the Chair.
- Order all department supplies, request equipment maintenance, and create work orders for repairs and other maintenance issues as needed.
- Support the Chair in completing institutional processes and report requirements, including load sheets, Faculty Compensation Authorization forms, faculty promotion processes, course scheduling, catalog copy and textbook ordering.
- Support the Chair in new faculty searches, coordinating with the Dean and Provost’s offices, interacting with applicant tracking system, and processing and managing candidate files.
- Provide administrative support to faculty in the preparation of course materials, exams, and instructional aides.
- Facilitate timely flow of departmental and institutional communication between faculty and majors including executing digital posting and information dissemination practices.
- Support faculty with non-curricular responsibilities (such as committee responsibilities) or professional development (applications, reports) within the college. As time permits, provide support for professional development activities and appointments outside the College.
- Facilitate teacher and course evaluation process at the end of each quad/semester utilize exam scoring software to produce analytical results and reports.
- Support planning and logistics of department summer academic programming.
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in office administration; academic environment preferred
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite required. Ability to learn new systems as necessary
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Strong attention to detail with ability to attend to multiple tasks and manage frequent interruptions
- Desire to foster a welcoming and service focused environment for students