Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Position: Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 420 # of Openings: 1 Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Controller, responsible for coordinating the annual operating, consolidated, and capital budgeting processes, conducting strategic and operational financial analysis, and developing reports for management and the board of trustees. Duties
- Work with the Controller and the Vice President of Finance to develop annual operating and capital budgets and five-year financial plans.
- Train and guide campus personnel on the development of the annual budget and the monitoring of their departmental results to achieve budgeted objectives.
- Prepare an annual capital budget as part of the budgeting process.
- Analyze revenues and expenditures to determine trends, identify key drivers, and prepare reports with recommendations for action.
- Supervise Finance Data Analyst.
- Serve on various campus committees working with representatives from Enrollment Management, Academics, and Financial Aid to develop financial forecasts, set tuition rates, and recommend institutional goals.
- Develop data-driven solutions to solve financial, operational, or strategic issues facing administrative and academic units.
- Work with Institutional Research to create the Financial section of the Annual Institutional Assessment.
- Perform other accounting and financial duties as assigned.
- 7+ years progressive experience in financial analysis and interpretation.
- Extensive experience working with both financial and non-financial operating data.
- Experience with accounting financial systems and database analytical tools.
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Experience with TM1, Ellucian Banner, and COGNOS Analytics a plus.
- Advanced degree or CPA preferred
- Experience within a higher education institution preferred.