Student Personnel Assistant - Contract Education (Temporary)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitleStudent Personnel Assistant - Contract Education (Temporary)LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)Department LocationHuman ResourcesPosting NumberC00666PThe Institution
The Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.Position Summary
Under direction of an assigned manager/supervisor, performs tasks related to providing service to off-campus classes in contract education for business, government, and industry programs or projects. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year. (P6123- 3.2 & 3.3)
ARC – Has an immediate need to hire an applicant, for the Sacramento Regional Public Safety Training Center (SRPSTC).
McClellan Center – 5146 Arnold Avenue., McClellan, CA 95652. Contact Karen Hubbard, Sacramento Regional Public Safety Training Center, 916-570-5013; [email protected]Assignment Responsibilities
● Acts as a contact and resource person for off-campus instructors, providing information on and coordinating grades and attendance, evaluations, class sites, rosters, etc.
● Acts as a contact person for students, providing information on class schedules and locations, book titles and prices, holds/obligations to colleges, registration materials, and coordinating the add/drop process with students and faculty.
● Serves as a liaison for business, government, and industry accounts.
● Serves as a resource person to staff, providing student, class, book, and contact information.
● Performs general office duties such as typing, filing, and record keeping, and acts as backup receptionist.
● Maintains a library of each campus’ registration materials and catalogs, student petitions, add/drop cards, grade forms and class schedules.
● Provides financial aid information to students, assesses student qualifications for fee waiver, assists students in completing waiver paperwork, and troubleshoots the process.
● Acts as a contact person for employers, verifying enrollments, providing employee pass/fail status, textbook and instructor information.
● Assists in preparation of and assembles course registration packets for each campus.
● Maintains confidentiality of information and materials.
● Orders textbooks for faculty and/or training site coordinators, purchases books from campus bookstores and transports them to class sites.
● Registers students at each site location and sells books during registration process.
● Delivers course materials and textbooks to class locations.
● Collects enrollment and book fees.
● Verifies student enrollments, follows up with missing students, forwards updated rosters to faculty.
● Assists in conducting orientation sessions.
● Prepares, uses, and analyzes evaluation questionnaires and other assessment instruments.
● Assists in the preparation of class schedules.
● Provides contract education class attendance information to the District Office.
● Accesses local and district computer files to assemble data for research projects and to schedule classrooms and computer labs.
● Performs related duties as required.
ARC – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
ARC – Has an immediate need to hire an applicant, for the Sacramento Regional Public Safety Training Center (SRPSTC).
McClellan Center – 5146 Arnold Avenue., McClellan, CA 95652. Contact Karen Hubbard, Sacramento Regional Public Safety Training Center, 916-570-5013; [email protected]
CRC – To be determined.
FLC – To be determined.
SCC – To be determined.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year. (P6123- 3.2 & 3.3)Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.Special RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Two years as a student personnel assistant, community services specialist, secretary/clerk, project consultant/coordinator, research assistant or related experience in an educational or community service agency.
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
NOTE: Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
Also, Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
- Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical DemandsSalary$16.00 per hour LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date07/13/2018Closing DateOpen ContinuouslyYesBeginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/8809Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for the form - https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5