Senior Information Technology Technician - Lab/Area Microcomputer Support (Temporary)
Posting DetailsJob Posting TitleSenior Information Technology Technician - Lab/Area Microcomputer Support (Temporary)LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)Department LocationPosting NumberC00235PThe Institution
The Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.Position Summary
This is the lead position in this class. Incumbents function as team leaders and/or technical specialists. Distinguished from the Technician I and II levels by the amount of responsibility, leadership, and discretion exercised, expertise demonstrated, and complexity and scope of work performed. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year. (P6123- 3.2 & 3.3)Assignment Responsibilities
In addition to the typical duties of an Information Technology Technician I & II, the Sr. Information Technology Technician:
● Acts as a focal point for requests, problems and issues affecting the unit.
● Leads and participates in projects of considerable scope including administration of instructional servers for multiple area departments, and maintenance of databases.
● Provides technical architectural position summary and modification guidelines.
● Provides support for local network administration including workstations, maintaining directory structures, installing, configuring and maintaining print, file, and local web servers.
● Assigns system resources and assigns and monitors staff assignments and special projects.
● Assists students with appropriate procedures and aids instructors by assisting students with basic concept understanding and skill acquisition.
● Participates in the development of procedures, policies, and guidelines for the operation of the unit.
● Leads and participates in the planning of migrations to new or improved hardware and software products.
● Provides leadership, direction, and training to Information Technology Technicians and other staff by teaching them new and easier ways of using software applications.
● Assigns system resources by setting permissions and creating accounts for faculty, staff, and students.
● Prepares computer use reports.
● Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs hardware and peripherals and works with vendors to keep workstations functioning.
● Reviews applications.
● Interviews, and hires student help as needed and reviews their timesheets.
● Monitors budgets.
● Forecasts employment costs for student assistants.
● Requisitions supplies within budget allocations as required.
● Completes return merchandise authorization forms for vendors as appropriate.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN I & II DUTIES:
● Tracks and manages computer assets.
● Serves as a technical consultant to faculty, staff, and students; and assists faculty, staff, and students with hardware, software, and/or operational problem reporting.
● Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs hardware and software problems to provide continued operation.
● Assists students with appropriate procedures.
● Aids instructors by assisting students with basic concept understanding and skill acquisition; and consults with faculty and staff regarding desktop hardware, software, and lab design and operation.
● Installs and supports hardware and software in the environment of a lab or other designated area.
● Maintains system operation in the lab.
● Works with Information Technology Specialists to maintain college and lab systems integrity.
● Performs related duties as required.
To be determined.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year. (P6123- 3.2 & 3.3)Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.Special Requirements
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: An Associate degree in computer sciences or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and two years in class of Information Technology Technician II; OR, an Associate degree in computer science or closely related field (or completion of an equivalent certificate program) and four years of experience directly related to job duties; OR, a combination of training and/or experience totaling six years that is likely to have provided
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
NOTE: Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
Also, Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
- Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/4631Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for the form - https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation