Nursing Faculty, Full-Time
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleNursing Faculty, Full-TimeRequisition NumberFAC00308General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Nursing Department at Community College of Philadelphia is ACEN accredited associate degree nursing program that has been educating nurses for over 50 years. We have been designated as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing Center since 2004. Our current designation applies through 2021. We offer an integrated curriculum that includes community based care and gerontology experiences in the second year of the program.
The Department of Nursing invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Nursing for the 2020-2021 academic year. We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative educator as a full time faculty member in our program.Specific Responsibilities
• Successful applicant will teach classroom, skills laboratory, seminar and clinical experiences to a diverse student population in an integrated curriculum.
• Participate in departmental and college wide committees and activities.
• Engage in scholarly activities related to professional development and acquisition of skills related to nursing education.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Applicants must have a masters’ degree in nursing, current, unencumbered, RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
• Current (within the last 2 years) medical-surgical nursing experience.
• Experience in teaching nursing skills lab including simulation experience.Preferred Qualifications
• Previous teaching experience.
• Ability to navigate electronic learning platforms, and basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Post masters certificate in nursing education, doctoral degree in nursing practice or nursing education.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankRank 5 or Rank 6Salary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree in nursing, current, unencumbered, RN licensure in Pennsylvania?
- * Do you have current (within the last 2 years) medical-surgical nursing experience?
- * Do you have experience in teaching nursing skills lab, including simulation experience?
- * Do you have previous teaching experience?
- * Do you have the ability to navigate electronic learning platforms, and possess basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook?
- * Do you have a post masters certificate in nursing education, doctoral degree in nursing practice or nursing education?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)