Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-23
Job Description SummaryResponsible for the preparation, evaluation, and application of comparable college credit from external institutions and sources.Job Description
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Verify that each document is official and that any names and other identifying information match with the recorded student information on file.
- Prepare incoming documents for data entry and review.
- Evaluate and enter transfer credit from external sources.
- Apply degree waivers for applicable associate and bachelor degrees.
- Verify accuracy of degree audit/evaluations and apply any applicable course substitutions.
- Keep informed of transfer credit policies, articulation agreements and catalog requirements.
- Utilize research material from various professional organizations and publications.
- Aid in keeping our Standard of Operating Procedure guidelines current.
- Ensure that our equivalency library is correct and up to date.
- Assist on special projects and committees as assigned.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students as needed.
- Contribute to the training of other Evaluations Assistants, Staff Assistants, and Student Workers.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma and 2 years of job-related experience.
- Student Information System experience preferred.
- Knowledge of higher education.
- Proficiency in data entry.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Excellent comprehensive reasoning and analytical ability.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Dependable and responsible with minimal supervision.