Student Worker, Registrar
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-20
Job Description SummaryThe Registrar's Office deals with high volumes of activity with walk-ins, phone calls, fax requests, emails, etc. The office assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting the Registrar Office in multiple duties including scanning documents into the university’s image system. This is a critical task to ensure that documents are in the correct account and the imaged documents are readableJob Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Scanning documents into imaging system.
- Retrieves mail.
- Distributes mail throughout office.
- Assist with mail outs for Commencement, etc.
- Assignments could change according to office needs by supervisors.
- Other duties assigned by supervisors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Preferred knowledge of scanning technology
- Detail oriented
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Clearly follow directions
- Must be able to work independently.
- Work is performed in a variety of environments and requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently. Work requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motion and vision of computer monitors.
- Must be reliable
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.