Grad Assistant, Library Services
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-20
Job Description SummaryResponsible for providing Circulation Services and monitoring use of library building.Job Description
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides clerical and operational support to Circulation Services and coordinates weekend building activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of higher education goals.
- Strong service orientation.
- Excellent public service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time.
- Ability to use computer software in an online environment.
- Ability to work in a complex team-based environment with a diverse user group.
- Flexibility- night and weekend hours required.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current enrollment as a full time student in a Saint Leo University graduate school program is required. Graduate students in any major are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Candidates will demonstrate good communication skills (written and oral) and be detail oriented.
ENVIRONMENT: Check out books. Shelving books.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.