Clinical Program Coordinator, Patient Progression
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-21
Responsible for impacting on the length of stay for specific patient populations, including, but not limited to: long LOS patients, long observation stay patients, difficult to discharge patients due to social issues. Carries a co-managed case load of targeted complex care patients. Responsible for the maintenance of clinical applications used in the Department to assess department practice. Responsible for data collection, clinical analysis and reporting department metrics to management. Actively participates in the quality improvement program for the department. Works with Decision Support, providing a clinical overview relative to reporting performance metrics. Able to take on a unit assignment as needed.
- Works within the department, and with other departments and outside facilities, to impact on the difficult to discharge, or delayed discharge patients. Examples include following up on authorizations for placement, follow-up on observation or hospice status patients, and escalation of clinical or administrative issues. Works within the department, and with other departments and outside facilities, to provide an analysis on the initial discharge plan for those patients readmitted to the hospital with 30 days. Supports the department by analyzing information from system databases to identify opportunities for improvement. Using professional and technical knowledge, anticipates subsequent questions from customers by independently conducting project and data analysis until only the customer can identify the next question. Coordinates the data entry and report generation processes within the department Collaborates with the patient progression departments, and other departments, to support training plans while coordinating logistics and identifying and creating training materials to support projects
- Communicates with department leadership, and assigned project leads, on the status of patient progression projects she/he is assigned to.
- Develops strategies, policies, and/or procedures with department leadership and project lead(s) for consideration through various committees Analyzes and interprets systems used by case managers, and others, that impact on the provision of services in the department; to improve the level of services and care offered in the department Understands the work environment through observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Resolves conflicts and negotiates with others, such as handling complaints and settling disputes Assists in the orientation of new employees to the department by providing an education to the computer programs used in case management. Participates as a project team member to accomplish the outcomes of the project
- Establishes objectives with project lead and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Stays up to date and informed with current literature, as well as participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in areas relevant to assigned projects In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program, Master's degree in related field within 4 years of hire.
- Experience: Three years clinical nursing required. Two years in Case Management required. 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience, which includes clinical nursing background.
- License/Certification: Must be a registered nurse and currently licensed to practice in the State of Virginia. Certification in Case Management required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.