Box Office Manager - University of Virginia Arts Box Office
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-20
The Arts & Sciences consolidated box office organization for the arts at the University of Virginia is seeking a Box Office Manager. The University of Virginia Arts Box Office ( http://artsandsciences.virginia.edu/boxoffice ) provides efficient and convenient methods of distributing tickets and event information for social, cultural, and educational programs at the University of Virginia and the surrounding areas through careful maintenance and appreciation of both client and patron relationships.
The Box Office Manager is responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Reviewing and auditing financial transactions, confirming and managing venue vendors, negotiating all financial commitments for events, and ensuring delivery of services by outside vendors.
- Ensuring procurement and purchasing procedures are followed and budgets are managed accordingly.
- Anticipating recurring events, reviewing previous procedures, materials, and ticket sale trends.
- Managing logistics for semi-annual and annual events with appropriate parties.
- Mastering computerized ticket system for tracking participant information, event registration, ticket sales, publicity, and attendee profile management and training staff in these systems.
- Overseeing the accounting, sale, allocation, distribution, and the revenue generated from ticket sales for larger events.
- Directing, operating, and managing specific computer software and systems for ticket operations.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and supervising a sales staff of 10 students and 15-20 temporary employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of relevant experience.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with Tessitura ticketing and components, including NScan and TNEW (Tessiture Network Express Web)
Review of applications will begin August 26, 2019, and the position will remain open until filled. For questions about the application process please contact Savanna Galambos, Senior Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for R0009598. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.