Medic - Medic V & 911 Contract EMS
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-19
Responsible for administering pre-hospital and advanced life support care to critically ill or injured persons and providing a safe environment for patients during transportation to and from the Medical Center.
- Assesses and treats ill and injured patients in accordance with local and University protocols.
- Responsible for administering advanced life support care to critically ill or injured persons in a safe environment.
- Maintains safety as a primary responsibility throughout all aspects of care and transportation.
- Identifies potential areas for improved care.
- Interfaces effectively with peers and customers and assumes responsibility for professional development of self and others per department policy.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: No experience required. Advanced life support experience preferred.
Licensure: Virginia Department of Health Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate or Paramedic required. Paramedic preferred. Valid Virginia Driver’s License (VADL) required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. ACLS required. PALS and Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) Level II or higher required to operate a vehicle within 90 days of hire.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping/walking, climbing (ladder, steps) and driving. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull > 100lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, noise, outdoor climate, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.