Administrative Assistant (Wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-21
The Administrative and Office Specialist III role provides career tracks for operational and administrative support specialists, such as fiscal technicians, human resource assistants, claims technicians, medical records technicians, procurement technicians, licensing specialists, customer services representatives, executive secretaries, administrative assistants, office supervisors, and facilities coordinators. Duties range from journey-level to supervisory level and may include compliance assurance, report writing, reconciliation of information or financial data, records management, scheduling, claims review and processing, data collection and analysis, research, inventory, budget management, personnel administration, and funds collections or expenditures.
- Coordinate with referring parties evaluation logistics
- Maintain case invoice spreadsheet
- Prepare and submit invoices to referring party for payment
- Process Chrome River transactions for the faculty and staff
- Process purchase requisitions through UVA Oracle system and process the payment to contractors
- Type memos, correspondence, forms, and technical or confidential reports
- Receive and screen incoming calls and mail, answer routine inquiries, and route calls to the appropriate individual
- Maintain calendars. Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements
- Review and answer standard correspondence
- Greet and screen visitors and provide customer support, as needed
- Other admin support duties as required
Position Compensation: $15.00 -$18.00 Hourly
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029 .
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume, Cover Letter and the Contact information for 3 references. Search on requisition number: R0009223.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. (SPAKA)
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Brandi Shifflett, HR Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associate's or higher-level degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.