Student Services Data Analyst (Part-time)
Overview and Responsibilities
The Student Services Data Analyst will provide comprehensive analytical support and evaluation, correlated student performance monitoring, integrated advising analytics, research support and data interpretation to identify strategies to improve student success and departmental outcomes. Responsibilities include grant data oversight, information and analytical support for advisement, student outreach and retention and division research. This position reports to the Director of Advising and Services.
- Provide support and data for prospective and continuing students.
- Provide analytical information and support for advisement and student outreach and retention.
- Assist in the monitoring of data analytics, maintenance and grant report management of Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Advise.
- Develop and maintain grant specific database systems.
- Manage the collection of predictive analytical student success information to identify strategies to improve student success and departmental outcomes.
- Coordinate linkage of non-cognitive data elements to student success outcomes including retention intervention strategies and tactics.
- Gather and analyze data to identify measurable outcomes, goals and objectives related to grant activities.
- Coordinate tri-annual accountability reporting data related to Student Services grants.
- Communicate and coordinate projects across function teams including Institutional Research, IT and Academics.
- Validate data and manage data integrity issues and resolutions. Analyze systems data to identify errors and inconsistencies.
- Other project management and tasks as assigned by Director of Advising and Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Awareness of CVTC programs and resources.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to develop and implement processes.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Advanced knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Research, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. If all other knowledge, skills, and abilities are present, candidates in process of completing a bachelor’s degree in a related field may be considered with an agreement to complete within a predetermined amount of time after hire.
- Minimum of one year experience in data and statistical analysis, data mining, and reporting to improve processes required.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), or database systems preferred.
- Experience with grant reporting and report writing tools (e.g., Cognos, Hyperion, Crystal Reports) preferred.
- Experience programming in R or Python preferred.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Benefits Summary
Prorated benefits based on 50% of full-time:
- Health and dental insurance for all family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance (must meet minimum requirements)
- Wisconsin Retirement System (must meet minimum requirements)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711