University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
The Clinic seeks a direct representation law graduate to provide representation to unaccompanied immigrant children and others placed in removal proceedings.
Full Job Description:
The person will have the following responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of the Clinic's supervising attorney
- Assist attorney with representing clients in immigration removal proceedings including, and where appropriate in asylum interviews and interviews before USCIS;
- Prepare and file relevant applications regarding, including asylum, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), U visas and related employment authorization applications;
- Prepare motions and supporting evidence with immigration court, and state courts, where applicable;
- Prepare declarations and supporting evidences;
- Participate in staff meetings;
- Assist with periodic trainings and know your rights presentations; and
- Serve as a representative of the Clinic with local coalitions, courts, and agencies.
- One year law school immigration clinic experience working in deportation defense with an emphasis in asylum law;
- Applicants must have taken the California bar examination;
- Fluency in Spanish required;
- Experience in direct representation of clients in immigration proceedings;
- Experience working with immigrants and refugees;
- A strong record of cultural competence and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively, and preferably prior experience working with community based organizations.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Legal-Fellow_R0002036.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency