Information Technology Analyst
Department:: Facilities Services
Locations:: Oswego, NY
Posted:: Aug 16, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About SUNY Oswego:
Founded in 1861, SUNY Oswego is a public comprehensive university located in Central New York on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, 45 minutes from Syracuse. One of 13 comprehensive colleges in the 64-campus State University of New York (SUNY) system, SUNY Oswego is recognized nationally for its academic quality, focus on student success outcomes, and the growing diversity of its student body. Ranked 11th among public master's-level universities in the 2019 "Top Regional Universities in the North" by U.S. News and World Report, SUNY Oswego is also recognized among Princeton Review's Best Regional Colleges in the Northeast - an honor bestowed on the college every year since 2003.
Inspired by a shared commitment to excellence and the desire to transcend traditional higher education boundaries, SUNY Oswego provides a transformative experience to 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The college offers preeminent academic programs in the arts and sciences, business, communications, and teacher education, and its success is built on providing students outstanding educational experiences with attention to a liberal arts and sciences foundation, practical applications, interdisciplinary approaches, independent scholarly and creative work, and skills for living in multicultural and global communities.
Oswego is committed to enhancing its diversity across the entire campus community. SUNY Oswego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim SUNY status, or criminal conviction. Please click here to see our full non-discrimination policy.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to work in the United States per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Requests for reasonable accommodations of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Human Resources Office by calling 315-312-2230 or emailing [email protected]
For Campus Safety information, please click here to see the Annual Security and Fire Report (Clery).
SUNY Oswego is a smoke free/tobacco/e-cigarette free campus. Click here for further policy details, including education and cessation resources.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Description of Department: Facilities Services has 300 employees who are responsible for 3.5 million square feet of building space and approximately 700 acres of land. The mission of Facilities Services is to operate, maintain and renew campus facilities to support the mission of the campus, using quality materials and workmanship to ensure a safe, reliable, attractive and efficient physical environment. The offices within Facilities Services includes: the AVP; Environmental Health & Safety; Major Projects; and Maintenance & Operations.
The Facilities Services Department at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications to fill a full time Information Technology Analyst.
Posting Date: August 16, 2019
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Benefit Information: The State University of New York provides an excellent benefit package. Click here for more information on benefits for full-time United University Professions (UUP) professional staff or click here for benefits summary.
Date of Appointment: As Soon As Possible
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide end-to-end project management including detailed project plans to track progress and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentations including detailed software documentation
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders an ensuring technical feasibility
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Coordinate between internal resources; establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Execute full software development life cycle (SCLC)
- Gather and validate software requirements from stakeholders
- Designs, build, test and integrate software/middleware components into a functional software system
- Install, configure and maintain needed hardware, software and peripheral equipment while addressing performance, accessibility and compatibility issues
- Deliver project expectations with little supervision
- Coordinate and ink the computer systems within the organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles
- Assist with training less experienced staff
- Publish report that identify progress made towards implementing monitoring by application and by environment
SUNY Oswego works continuously to create an inclusive environment which respects, embraces, and promotes cultural safety, belonging, civil discourse, cultural humility, and other values and goals outlined in SUNY Oswego's Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan (https://www.oswego.edu/diversity/). As such, the Information Technology Analyst will be expected to contribute to these efforts and possess communication and interpersonal skills necessary to engage effectively with an increasingly diverse community of students and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree at time of application
- Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to communicate technical specifications with stakeholders in a non-technical way
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Experience working with relational database systems, Object Orientated Programming and web application development; working understanding of APIs
- Familiarity with database management software systems including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Experience with CMMS, work order and support ticket systems
- Mobile web applications development
- Experience with risk and change management
- Working knowledge of the latest computer security trends including role based access control
- Basic knowledge of data warehousing concepts with experience extracting and cleaning date from multiple heterogeneous sources as well as thorough data analysis
If you have any questions about the position, please e-mail:
Mary DePentu, Search Chair [email protected]
Official transcripts are required at time of appointment. Files must be complete to be considered.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
Submit a cover letter addressing qualifications, resume, copies of unofficial transcripts for required degree showing degree awarded and date conferred, and contact information for three professional references (only the three referees listed in your Interview Exchange application can be considered and contacted) electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please click here to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click CONTACT US if you need assistance applying through this website.