Adjunct for Psychology & Special Education
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-12-07
Job TitleAdjunct for Psychology & Special EducationAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentPsychology & Special EdProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
MAJOR/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF JOB:
- Successful applicants will teach up to six semester credit hours within the required discipline on campus or off campus sites as dictated by student demand.
- Hold office hours.
- Assist students as needed.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A terminal degree in field of study or a closely related field is required to teach graduate coursework. A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or university teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry or school experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.