Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R-013975 Job Title
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
AccountingProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Accounting seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time adjunct faculty appointments.
Successful applicants will:
- Teach up to six semester credit hours within the required discipline at on campus or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand
- Hold office hours
- Assist students as needed
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity
- Other duties as assigned
A terminal degree in Accounting or a closely related field is required to teach graduate coursework.
A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials (CPA, CMA, EA, etc.).
- College or university teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.