Adjunct - Biological & Environmental Sciences
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-05-11
Job TitleAdjunct - Biological & Environmental SciencesAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentBiological & Environmental ScienceProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
- The Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for Fall 2018, part-time adjunct faculty appointments. The appointments are for one semester and positions are open until filled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successful applicants will teach up to six semester credit hours per semester within the required discipline at on campus or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand.
- Hold office hours.
- Assist students as needed.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity. Other duties as assigned.
- A terminal degree in biology, environmental sciences, or a closely related field is required to teach graduate coursework. A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience with on-line delivery.
- Experience teaching laboratories related to biology and environmental sciences. Depending on the need, knowledge in the disciplines of microbiology, physiology, genetics, botany, zoology, cell biology, ecology, wildlife, environmental science, and/or earth science is sought.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: Applications received by Texas A&M University-Commerce must have ll job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a Linkedin porfile to pre-populate the online application. Resume/vitae, cover letter, at least 3 references and their full contact information, and transcripts if degree is required, are to be uploaded.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.