Adjunct Faculty - Educational Leadership
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-04-24
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty - Educational LeadershipAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentEducational LeadershipProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Educational Leadership seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time adjunct faculty appointments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach up to six semester credit hours within the required discipline
- Delivery of instruction is online. Online weekend instructional duties may ibe required
- Hold online office hours
- Advising students
- Preparing syllabi
- Updating course materials
- Developing curriculum
- Have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity
- Continual learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Education: A terminal degree in Educational Leadership or a closely related field. A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: As required by TEA.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Texas principal or superintendent certificate for certification courses.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant practitioner experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Online instruction skills.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.