Director - Financial Operations GPS
Director - Financial Operations GPSJob no: 502481
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Aug 21 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Director, Financial Operations in the division of Graduate, Online and Professional Studies (GPS) works closely with the Vice Provost and Associate Dean to develop and manage the financial operations and contracts within the Division. The principal function of this position is to assist in the planning, organizing, managing, reporting and controlling of financial operations within the division. The Director is responsible for fiscal, procurement, vendor relations, and any financial or financially-related services that support the division in achieving superior performance and customer service.
Key Responsibilities include:
Financial Operations: Ensuring the fiscal processes of GPS are aligned with the demands of University policies, procedures and business systems and to ensure an efficient, customer-focused organization.
Reporting: Accurate, timely, actionable financial and management information development and reporting including overall division budget and individual unit and/or project-based budgets.
Procurement, vendor relations, and business services: Procurement processes administration and interfaces with financial systems ensuring compliance with University and State guidelines.
Contracts: Develop strong knowledge of collective bargaining agreements of staff within the division to ensure management compliance with negotiated agreements.
Additional duties and responsibilities outlined in the job description.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Master’s degree in business or a related field from an accredited institution and seven (7) years related work experience
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Business Administration, Financial Management or directly related field and a minimum of ten (10) successful years’ experience in a similar business management position(s), including finance, budget, procurement and business operations
• Multi-year experience and solid knowledge of budget development and monitoring
• Excellent organizational skills and a superior ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Possess strong human relations/customer service skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies
• Ability to exercise leadership and set a positive example for other work groups and department members in meeting department goals
• A solid working knowledge of various computer systems/programs appropriate for administrative management of Facilities Management. Skilled in the use of budget software and database systems
• Knowledge of and experience in higher education especially public higher education
• Experience with the State of Massachusetts regulations, policies and procedures or MCPPO Certification
• Knowledge of and experience in public finance
• Strong HR generalist, labor and employee relations experience in a union environment
• Record of ongoing professional development and personal growth
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.