Assistant Director of Broadcast & Video Production
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleBroadcast And Emerging Media SpecialistBand LevelContributingWorking TitleAssistant Director of Broadcast & Video ProductionSalary Range$31,200 - $64,426Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experienceSalary Grade Equivalency62Position Number00107273Work ScheduleMonday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; additional hours, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed.Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department105002 - Athletics-Internal/External OperationsDepartmentAthletics - Internal/External OperationsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University.
This position will work within the Multimedia Department in NC State Athletics, a Division 1A program within the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC).Essential Job Duties
The Assistant Director of Broadcast & Video Production assists the Director in providing coordination, vision, management, and implementation of technology for the ACC Network & ACC Network Extra broadcasts, video display boards, and GoPack.com. The Assistant Director will assist in planning for remote field productions for various sports.
Primary job duties include, but not limited to:
- Manage and direct technical productions for NC State Athletics display board shows and productions on the ACC Network and ACC Network Extra.
- Be knowledgeable of emerging web delivery trends.
- Assist with the production and delivery of video and audio streaming activities.
- Set up and troubleshoot equipment and software for assigned broadcasts.
- Manage logistics for events, equipment movement, and crew scheduling.
- Serve as an operator of various production equipment during non-assigned broadcasts, as necessary.
- Ability to learn to use and operate the following production equipment: GrassValley Korona, Carbonite Black, Ross Xpression, GrassValley LiveTouch, Ross Abekas Mira, RTS Intercoms, Calrec Brio, Yamaha 01v96i, Clear-Com Wireless Mic System, Daktronics Display Studio, Daktronics Venus 7000, Grass Valley broadcast cameras and Panasonic HD Cameras.
- Ability to learn to use and operate the following software: Avid Media Composer and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prepare and edit video content for broadcasts, including interviews, documentaries, highlights and other video features.
- Update graphic templates and other day-to-day content for assigned broadcasts and videoboard shows.
- Create and/or assist in the production of promotional materials.
- Assist in all phases of the production of video-based projects or programs including conceptualization, scripting, planning, lighting, photographing, sound, recording, editing, and graphics creation, authoring and producing.
- Assist in planning and visualization of broadcast content and coverage.
- Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with individuals representing Athletic department, other departments in the university, the media, and partners to the Athletics Department.
- Prepare and update production scripts for assigned broadcasts.
- Direct a part-time staff in the live production of assigned broadcasts.
- Work with the video operations staff to organize and maintain all video assets and archives.
- Work with coaches, administrators and other game operations staff.
- Work with TV partners and other media outlets.
- Provide excellent customer service in deliveries and interactions with Athletic Dept., coaches, administrators, TV partners, ACC office and other game operations staff.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor and administration.Minimum Experience/Education
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a Broadcast Television, Radio and Emergingmedia Environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
Professional experience with sports video production.
Knowledge of relevant software packages such as Avid Media, Final Cut, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Cinema 4D, or similar software.
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
At least one year of professional experience in sports video production.
Familiarity with After Effects graphic software.Required License or Certification
Please submit a resume and contact information for three professional references to be considered for position.
Please make sure the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Job Open Date08/19/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)08/23/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/09/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Broadcast & Emerging Media Specialist position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least one year one year of experience in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field with at least one year of experience in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in a related field
- Combination of post high school education and/or one year of experience in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of education and experience in broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment to equal five years (ex. 3 yrs of HS and 2 yrs exp.)
- None of the above
- * Do you have experience with Avid Media, Final Cut, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, After Effects or other relevant software?
- * If yes, in 2-3 sentences please describe your relevant experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have one year of relevant sports video production experience?
- * The NCAA requires disclosure of certain relationships between potential employees and student athletes and their families as well as recruits and their families. Please check if you are any of the following:
- A parent/legal guardian of a football or basketball (men’s or women’s) recruit or current NC State student-athlete.
- A relative of a football or basketball (men’s or women’s) recruit or current NC State student-athlete.
- A high school/ college coach who works with football or basketball (men’s or women’s).
- A strength coach or personal trainer who works with a football or basketball (men’s or women’s) recruit or current NC State student-athlete.
- None of the above.
- * If you checked any of the boxes above (except, None of the above box), please provide details below.
(Open Ended Question)
- Contact Information for References
- Cover Letter