Contract Mental Health Counselor
Contract Mental Health Counselor
Knox College seeks an experienced Mental Health Counselor in Counseling Services to provide contract clinical hours on an as needed basis. Counseling Services staff is comprised of individuals who are dedicated to providing mental health services in a safe and welcoming environment by promoting the emotional, interpersonal and academic success of a diverse student body. This is a contract, hourly position reporting to the Assistant Dean for Student Wellness/Director of Counseling Services. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be self aware, genuine, creative, function as a team player, and provide high-quality mental health care.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional, short-term, goal-focused individual & group counseling, as needed
- Promptly complete necessary and required clinical and administrative paperwork consistent with professional standards and office expectations
- Master’s degree in a mental health related discipline
- Licensed mental health professional (e.g. Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker) or eligibility in the state of Illinois Required Skills and Experience
- Two years’ experience in the mental health counseling field
- Multicultural competence with the ability and desire to work with a diverse student body
- Experience providing evidence-based counseling services
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with, providing group counseling; brief/time-effective therapy
- Demonstrated skills and ability to work independently and within an interdependent team
- Experience providing mental health care in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical work and cultural competency
- Experience advocating with/for multicultural causes and diverse populations during professional service and while delivering counseling service.
Please complete a Knox College employment application by selecting Apply for this Job below or on the upper right. Review of applications will begin right away. Finalists will be subject to a background check.
Knox College is a nationally ranked, private, residential liberal arts college of 1,400 students from 48 states and 51 countries. Founded in 1837 by social reformers strongly opposed to slavery, Knox was one of the first colleges in the United States open to all, regardless of race, gender, or financial means. The College recruits a national and international pool of high ability students and stands out among its peers for the inclusion of first-generation, international, and students of color, in a culturally rich and vibrant campus community.
For more information about Knox College, visit www.knox.edu/about-knox
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Knox College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religion or religious affiliation, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in admission, financial aid, employment, athletics, or any other aspect of its educational programs or activities. Any inquiries regarding Title IX or the College’s policies that prohibit discrimination should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.