Coordinator of the Center for Teaching and Learning
Coordinator of the Center for Teaching and Learning
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. As a comprehensive, multi-campus community college, the College provides quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities for the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania, and Stafford. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities.
Germanna Community College seeks a creative and collaborative educator to lead the Center for Teaching and Learning. The Coordinator will also provide the leadership and direction that is essential to effectively coordinate the college’s Quality Enhancement Plan. The Coordinator will have considerable experience teaching in higher education and managing college-wide programs and initiatives.
Statement of Duties: Aligning with the college’s strategic plan and metrics, this position is responsible for managing the efforts of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) which provides leadership and vision for the continuous improvement of teaching and learning at Germanna Community College by transforming teaching and learning to meet the needs of all students. The coordinator is responsible for developing strategies, services, and support for faculty and staff for effective teaching practices and student success. The coordinator is responsible for coordinating the college’s Quality Enhancement Plan and facilitating collaborative initiatives with academic and support units. The QEP is a college-wide initiative that is a component of the College’s reaccreditation for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Coordinate the Quality Enhancement (QEP) planning and action steps necessary to lead the QEP Implementation team in the following areas: 1) designing and implementing strategies, 2) monitoring progress, 3) assessing outcomes, and 4) ensuring the QEP goals and objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Organize, plan, and lead faculty development opportunities to improve student success outcomes including workshops, Professional Learning Communities, seminars, forums, and other formats as appropriate and required to engage and support faculty with an added emphasis on problem based learning. Evaluate program effectiveness and utilize and refine existing training programs and materials.
- Participate in broader college efforts to meet strategic goals.
- Assist in the compilation, analysis, and dissemination of data from surveys, student learning outcomes, and other aspects of assessment related to teaching and learning and the QEP.
- Manage, monitor, and assist with the fiscal administration for CTL and QEP, including but not limited to budgets, funding, contracts, travel, and purchasing.
- Experience with technology and its intersection with teaching and learning.
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited university in an academic discipline.
- Experience teaching/training at the college/university level.
- Demonstrated skills related to innovative instruction methods in problem based learning.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies college-wide
- Demonstrated excellence in course design, evidence-based instructional strategies, and assessment of student learning.
- Experience coordinating or managing projects or institutional endeavors.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Ph.D. in an academic discipline with considerable higher education teaching experience.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission and philosophy of a public, comprehensive community college.
- Multi-campus, community college experience.
This is a 12-month restricted faculty position.
Salary is commensurate with rank and credentials.
Salary range: $65,000 – $72,000, full state benefits apply.
This position will be open until filled with a first review of applications on September 9, 2019.
Special Requirements: Any offer of employment will be contingent upon an acceptable background investigation and reference check.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Effective June 1, 2011, agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Executive Branch will use the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Application Instructions: Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online: Resume /CV, at www.germanna.edu and click on Work for Germanna:
- Commonwealth of Virginia Application For Employment
- Cover letter
- Copies of transcripts verifying academic credentials. Official transcripts will be required for employment.
An EEO/AA Employer