Building Operations & Community Engagement Manager, Burwell Center for Career Achievement
- Manage all day-to-day operations of 25,000 square foot building, including opening and closing schedules, staffing, processes, and procedures.
- Assist in recording and managing all facilities and maintenance concerns within the building to ensure fast resolution in partnership with Facilities Management.
- Manage and complete all necessary room set-ups for daily meetings and events as well as managing AV and technology needs for the building.
- Create building safety plans and procedures in conjunction with Campus Safety. Train all new staff on safety policy and procedures as well as coordinate annual safety training for team members.
- Develop and manage policies and processes for building space reservations including private meeting space, a classroom, conference rooms, event spaces, outdoor patio space, and common areas to ensure ease of access and reservations for staff.
- Create and implement a plan for highlighting student projects, alumni/student success stories and DU history throughout the building via rotating digital displays, art installations, memorabilia displays, etc.
- Manage front desk operations for the building including oversite of incoming business lines for three distinct units housed within the space.
- Oversee supplies for the hospitality areas for the building both within the main floor gathering space as well as the executive lounge to ensure a positive experience for guests.
- Monitor building operations to identify areas for improvement and efficiency; develop short-term and long-term operations and furniture plans including developing budgets for ongoing needs.
- Manage building signage needs and changes; coordinates annual signage updates for room sponsorships.
- Manage building/suite access C-Cure, Soloplus, etc.
- Coordinate postal delivery with Mail Services.
- Hire, train, supervise and conduct performance management for all front desk and generalist administrative staff within the building to ensure exceptional user experience for building guests as well as professional staff housed within the space.
- Manage administrative project workflow for the staff within the building and assign projects to desk administrative support staff.
- Assist in planning and implementing all major events that showcase the building and the units within such as grand opening and yearly kick-off events.
- Document all of the sustainability features for the (LEED Gold/Platinum) building and ensure sustainability best practices are implemented by both staff and building users; train all new staff on sustainability goals and best practices within the building.
- Ideated and implement team development events within the building to create a cohesive work environment for staff across the units.
Partnerships & University Citizenship
- Serve as a proactive and collaborative partner with career development, alumni relations, corporate development, parent & family relations, and other employer relations staff on campus, to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative employer development practices.
- Develop a consistent communication plan for informing campus stakeholders of employer relationships developed, job & internship opportunities, programming successes and overall team progress toward goals.
- Model One DU leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of professional experience, including:
- 3 years in a customer-facing role
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in higher education, or similarly complex environment
- Experience in building management or office management
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; some nights and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday 9, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.