Associate Director of Marketing and Communication
Job DetailsPosition Information Posting Number19200008EXJob TitleAssociate Director of Marketing and CommunicationType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment Term12 MonthsPosition TypeStaff - Exempt(Monthly)DepartmentBranding, Marketing and CommunicationSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assists the Executive Director of Marketing and Communication in the effective integration of marketing and communications initiatives to support the institution’s needs, mission and goals.
• Plans and assists various campus departments and units with strategic marketing and communications initiatives in order to achieve departmental and institutional goals.
• Serves as a project manager in consultation with Executive Director of Marketing and Communication in order to ensure that all components of the marketing strategy are implemented and campaign goals/outcomes are evaluated.
• As needed by Executive Director of Marketing and Communication, serves as spokesperson for University and primary point of contact with facilitating media inquiries.
• Actively works with external units and departments to strategically seek out and obtain earned media/public relations exposure of the institution.
• Supervises two full-time departmental positions: social media specialist and communication specialist.
• Assist the Executive Director of Marketing and Communication with departmental budget management needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, English, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related discipline.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Minimum of five (5) years of marketing and communications experience with at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
• Experience in working with media members (print, broadcast, etc.) from a public relations standpoint.
• Proficient in AP writing guidelines, experience in analyzing marketing data, experience or ability to learn proper contract negotiation skills with vendors and advertising/marketing agencies/companies. Experience with or willingness to learn media monitoring platforms and resources.
• Demonstrated project management skills; professional experience in working collaboratively with both internal team members and external parties to effectively manage strategic communications/marketing initiatives.
• Strong communicator with excellent written presentation for various audiences and forms of writing, such as public relations and marketing copy. Excellent oral communication skills.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically with excellent judgment and ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
• Ability to remain calm and effective in stressful, fast-paced and deadline-driven situations, and to maintain confidentiality when necessary.
• Possesses a strong grasp of current communications, marketing and constituent engagement strategies.
• Experience in crisis management from a public relations standpoint is preferred.Physical DemandsWork HoursMinimum SalaryMaximum Salary Posting Details Posting Date08/22/2019Closing Date09/12/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• One (1) professional writing sample led as part of a marketing or communications project (can be a document or web link).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or a related discipline?
- * Do you have at least five (5) years of marketing and communications experience?
- * Briefly explain your previous supervisory experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- Other Document
- Other Document 2