Instructor, Scenic and Lighting Design
Job DetailsPosition Information Posting Number19200014FACJob TitleInstructor, Scenic and Lighting DesignType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment TermAcademic YearPosition TypeFaculty (Non-Tenure-Track)DepartmentGlobal Lang and Theatre ArtsSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Instructor will design two-three theatre productions per semester and teach two classes per semester from the following: scenic design, lighting design, other design-related courses, and a general education course. The faculty member will supervise and mentor students in the department and assist in preparation for job interviews, conference attendance, and other professional situations. Instructors are required to perform in service or creative activities.Minimum Education Requirements
MFA in Design.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
- Two years’ of experience teaching theater students is required.
- Computer-aided drafting and rendering/skills, sketching rendering and drafting are required both as a member of the production team as well as required in the Instructor’s teaching assignments.
- Strong scene painting skills, props and set dressing skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work as a hands-on member of a tight production team are required.
- Experience working as a member of a production team is required.
- Mentoring skills are required.
- Vectorworks experience preferred.
- Emphasis in scenic design and solid experience with lighting design preferred.
- Strong scenic artist preferred.
- Supervisory skills preferred.
- Experience building or designing for the camera is also preferred.
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of Transcripts
• Either a document with links to a digital portfolio or documents containing photo samples representative of candidates work (If submitting photos, three separate documents are available. Please submit 2-4 photos per document. The file size limit per document is 10MB).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a MFA in Design?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Transcripts
- Other Document
- List of References with Contact Information
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3