Manager, Infrastructure and Security
Manager, Infrastructure and Security
Salary: $93,477.00 - $131,532.00 Annually
Job Type: Management
Job Number: 5828-m-08/20
Closing: 9/19/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Technology Services
Under the direction of the Dean, Technology Services/Chief Technology Officer the Infrastructure and Security Manager will plan, organize and direct the day-to-day Infrastructure and security operations of the District; manage, maintain and oversee needs analysis and system enhancements for all infrastructure and security systems.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Manager, Infrastructure and Security include:
- Supervise, direct and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Plan, manage, implement and schedule the District's infrastructure and security systems and procedures to improve utilization or propose revision of infrastructure operations.
- Recommend procurement of information systems and enhancements to the infrastructure operations.
- Perform complex tasks on critical infrastructure upgrades, security projects and infrastructure enhancements.
- Provide management of technology initiatives including creating comprehensive plans for achieving infrastructure project objectives.
- Lead infrastructure and security project activities.
- Supervise assigned staff and plan work schedules for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Guide and supervise staff assigned to work on the infrastructure and security operations and provide technical assistance
- Communicate with personnel from a variety of departments including staff and faculty in addition to various vendors and researchers to exchange information concerning existing and proposed infrastructure systems.
- Develop training programs for the efficient and economical use of information systems for individual departments and the personnel and equipment required for implementation of proposed infrastructure systems.
- Supervise microcomputer specialist (technicians.)
- Lead the appropriate work for infrastructure and security software systems in accordance with user requirements and assure that documentation provides an adequate basis for use of the various systems.
- Manage the development of guidelines for security and accuracy of infrastructure systems.
- Develop infrastructure support and project budgets.
- Participate in the program planning, including special projects and needs related to the District's infrastructure operations.
- Lead development of technical specifications for services, technology and information systems.
- Recommend specifications to be used in bids, contracts and agreements for the infrastructure and security software.
- Represent the department and administration on District committees and attend meetings relating to the District's infrastructure and security operations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Sciences, Technology Management, Information Systems, Business, or Leadership from an accredited college or university
- Five years increasingly responsible professional experience in supporting/managing complex networked systems and data centers in computer technology.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Two or more years in a supervisory or management capacity related to computer information systems/science is preferred.
- Two or more years of computer networking experience.
- Strong background in Linux (Redhat, AWS Linus.)
- Experience using cloud-based web services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Valid California's driver license
- An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias Community College District.
- Indoor work environment
- Frequent contact in person and on the telephone with management, supervisory, academic and classified staff.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard.
- Ability to read normal and fine print.
- Ability to communicate in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to be able to remember key information and concentrate for long periods of time.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), CISM (ISACA Certified Information Security Manager) or CISA (ISACA Certified Information Security Auditor).
- Computer hardware systems, software applications and network infrastructures utilized by the District.
- Technical aspects of information technology security associated with Internet and network services, operations, user access and authentication, software applications, and programming.
- District organization, operation, policies and objectives.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Plan, design, install, administer and document the District's information technology security systems, procedures, and utilities.
- Apply principles and techniques of information technology security design to meet specific District requirements.
- Develop and implement information technology security policies, procedures, and processes.
- Review and verify network, application, and data security to assure confidentiality and integrity.
- Operate information technology equipment properly and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to staff involved in assigned programs and services.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and programs relating to computer technology.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, and disability background of community college students and staff
- Prepare and administer budgets.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and technological advancements in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Interpret, apply and explain District policies and legal regulations and requirements.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing at both the technical level and with the infrastructure users.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with members of the user community and information systems personnel.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application.
- Diversity statement (included within the online application).
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies
Full-time Managers enjoy a number of benefits while working at the College of the Sequoias. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (for more information, please visit "Employee Insurance" on COS' Human Resources webpage at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Insurance.aspx
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (STRS or PERS)
01 Please provide a statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2547338/manager-infrastructure-and-security
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency