Essential Functions & Qualifications
Salary: $52,380.00 - $57,756.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time - 12 Months/ 100% FTE
Job Number: FY1920-00033
Location: Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo Campus & Paso Robles North County Campus, CA
Department: Administrative Services
Closing: 9/23/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Description Summary
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Cuesta College is located in the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County since 1963, offering many degree programs, certificates, and community programs. We are committed to being an inclusive institution that inspires a diverse student population to achieve their educational goals. The U.S. Department of Education has designated us to be a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and we are committed to racial and socioeconomic diversity as it is a reflection of our student population; we strive to hire candidates that share this commitment to diversity and inclusion. When you join our team at Cuesta College, you can expect to be part of a collaborative community among faculty, classified staff, administration, students, and our community partners.
Additional information about the college can be found at
The college planning documents can be found at
Our Student Equity Action Plan can be found at
We offer comprehensive benefit options. Information about benefits can be found at
Under general direction of Supervisor, Technology Services, install, configure, troubleshoot and repair district microcomputer equipment, their software applications and operating systems for use in administrative and instructional lab environments. Provide technical support and help functions that relate to microcomputer hardware and software, peripherals, data communications and connectivity. Utilize work orders and phone support techniques in support of all college sites. In coordination with network staff, the incumbent specifies, configures, automates, provisions, troubleshoots and updates related: application services, group policies, login scripts, mandatory profiles and software licensing/packaging for a wide variety of applications in support of both administrative and instructional environments of Cuesta College.
Incumbents in this position support student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness by providing computing resources that are appropriate and adequate to support the institution's management and operational functions, academic programs, teaching and learning, and support services.
Incumbents are distinguished from other technical positions by the requirement that the incumbent recommends, installs, configures and repairs microcomputers and peripherals of Cuesta College.
- Provide installation and technical support of college standard hardware and software;
- Diagnose and repair or facilitate repairs of non-functioning computing equipment;
- Troubleshoot non-functional classroom equipment and take appropriate steps to initiate or facilitate repair;
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and take appropriate steps to repair and/or facilitate appropriate escalation of support where/when necessary;
- Receive, screen and follow through on user requests with established guidelines and priorities;
- Research, evaluate and recommend computer hardware, software and operating systems in support of campus standards;
- Assist users in selection of equipment that best meets their needs in keeping with campus standards;
- Maintain accurate equipment and parts inventory;
- Maintain department standards and follow established procedures;
- Attend trainings, meetings and workshops where/when identified;
- Utilize, design and document automation of processes for provisioning, deployment, updating and maintaining security of networked microcomputers, peripherals and mobile devices;
- Monitor and review compliance with software license agreements;
- Research, specify, configure, utilize and maintain related client/servicer asset management/monitoring and remote control systems;
- Utilize virtualization, snapshots and version control to build and maintain host templates;
- In coordination with network staff, edit group policies, security groups, login scripts and mandatory profiles; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associate's degree and two years of work experience or a combination of education and experience which would indicate possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities listed.
- Associate's degree in electronics or related field.
- Tools, materials and equipment used in repair and maintenance of computer equipment;
- Computer hardware components and related peripherals;
- Microsoft and Apple operating systems and applications;
- Basic network troubleshooting and diagnostic utilities, such as ip/ifconfig, ping, gpresult and packet sniffing;
- Basic understanding of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, PXE, TFTP, HTTP(S), FTP, IMAP, SMTP and SSH;
- Wireless configuration, Ethernet cabling and patching in network ports;
- Desktop security software including anti-malware and anti-virus;
- Processes for managing, provisioning, deployment and inventory of computers, software and mobile devices, utilizing such platforms as Ghost Solution Suite, SCCM, Jamf Casper, and Deploy Studio/Munki;
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot networked computer workstations, systems and programs used by the district in both instruction and administrative areas;
- Current technologies, personal computer, and associated office software such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and/or database software;
- Correct usage of English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; and
- District policies and procedures.
- Adapt to new technology.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties. and
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities.
Physical ability to:
- Read and comprehend printed matter and text and data on computer monitors;
- Communicate intelligibly and effectively via speech, telephone, written correspondence, and/or email;
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time;
- Lift and/or carry 50 pounds; and
- Exert manual dexterity sufficient for keyboard and other office equipment operation.
• Valid driver's license and eligible to obtain California driver's license upon hire.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, reference list, and unofficial transcripts when applying for this position. When uploading documents, PDF uploads are preferred.
Reference List Instructions: Your reference list must include three professional references, their contact information, and their relationship to you.
Please provide a letter of recommendation in the optional "other document". This is not a required document and applications can be submitted without this attachment.
Completed online applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, MAILED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Below is the full salary schedule range for this position, steps A through E. Per our bargaining agreement, we can only place new employees at Steps A through C, which is the anticipated hiring range also listed below. For a full salary schedule, please see our website: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/salary_schedules.html
- Salary Schedule Range: $4,365 - $5,306 per month.
- Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,365 - $4,813 per month.
Cuesta College will not sponsor any visa applications.
San Luis Obispo County Community College District ("Cuesta College") is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), age, disability (physical and mental), genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and state law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Cuesta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
In compliance with California law, all prospective staff and students are entitled to read the Annual Security Report, published each October by the Cuesta College Department of Public Safety. This report contains information about our emergency and crime reporting procedures, as well as crime statistics for the past 3 years. You may request a copy of this report at one of our two Public Safety Offices: on SLO campus at Building 6600A or on North County Campus at building N1021, during campus business hours. You may also access the complete text of this report at the following website address: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/publicsafety/clery_act
Interview Process Information
Selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview and writing assignment on Tuesday October 8, 2019 or Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cuesta
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency