Senior Business Analyst
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03761PWorking TitleSenior Business AnalystDepartmentRegistrar's OfficeAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department
The Office of the Registrar is the steward of official student academic records and is responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and security of those records. The office is committed to fulfilling its role in the educational mission of the University of Georgia by providing effective and efficient academic support and assistance to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University.
Join our fast-paced office where you have the opportunity to contribute to projects in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Further training and education is also encouraged and supported.
M-F 8am-5pmAdvertised Salarycommensurate with experiencePosting Date08/19/2019Open until filledYesClosing DateProposed Starting Date09/22/2019Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant screening will begin immediately. Candidates are encouraged to submit their materials by August 30, 2019; however, screening will continue until the position is filled. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicant’s credentials and experience meet the needs, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position. A resume is also required. All applicants must apply online at https://www.ugajobsearch.com. Nominations, questions and/or other inquiries should be directed to Rosemary Segreti, [email protected], Search Committee Chair.Location of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleIT Application Support ProfessionalPay GradeFLSAExemptJob FamilyFTE1.0Minimum Qualifications
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred (Information Systems, Computer Science or some other technical or analytical subject)
• Two-three years of professional experience in business systems analysis, project management, quality assurance or other technical setting
• Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
• Expert level experience with MS Outlook, MS Word, Visio, PowerPoint
• Intermediate to advanced skills with data analysis and using Excel
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that is change-oriented
• Previous experience in a higher education organization working with
ERP and academic business processes strongly preferred
• Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with complex technical
subjects and tasks
• Experience with reporting/query tools (Argos, SQL Developer,
Tableau, Cognos, or Crystal Reports) a plus
• Experience with performance metrics for IT staff a plus
• Banner Experience a plus
The Senior Business Analyst provides IT Leadership for the UGA Registrar’s office with regard to deployment of enterprise level solutions to the student information systems.
This role performs senior analyst duties which includes gathering, documenting, and analyzing business processes and related system information and coordinating with functional, cross-functional and technical teams to develop, document, and implement solutions. The Senior Business Analyst prepares specifications for developers, prepares test use cases, conducts and/or coordinates testing with functional stakeholders, approves migrations to both non-production and production environments, prepares operational/system documentation and training materials as needed, conducts and/or assists to train employees, and supports the development of reports related to the projects and solutions.
• Document, communicate, and implement innovative solutions to meet business goals
• Technical aptitude, initiative, creativity, and customer service skills
• Will work both independently and on team assignments
• Knowledge of project management principles
• Knowledge of the Registrar’s Office and its processes, customers, and current IT capabilities
• Attention to detail without losing focus
• Implementation of solutions using creativity and ingenuity
• Will collaborate and be a team player
• Will bridge functional and technical resources by communicating issues to define business needs and process changes
• Develop business model components (context diagram, activity
diagram, use cases, process modeling (flowcharting), etc.
• Understanding of the software development life cycle
• Problem-solving and analytical thinking and will approach problems logically and systematically
•Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Willingness to adapt to new circumstances, information, and
• Dynamic work environment while consistently applying critical thinking and professional judgment
• Organizational and time management skills
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials
• Hold self and direct reports accountable
Will sit at a workstation for long periods of time, listen and gather requirements, and travel across campus.Is driving a responsibility of this position?Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?NoDoes this position require a P-Card? NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications)YesCredit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Planning/Architect Solutions/Project Implementation
- Based on business processes, architects solutions; navigates multiple projects and timelines
- Conducts business analysis and project management for mandated and internal projects
- Provides project plans and estimates of assignments
- Plans and oversees rollouts of selected projects
- Creates business requirements documents based on user specifications and use cases, visio business process flows, and mock-ups
- Collaborates with office trainers and communication officer for deployments – internal and external users; support knowledge transfer and change management
- Interfaces with other managers in the Registrar’s office and other subject matter experts to align operations; pursue functional and technical office process improvement
Oversight of business analyst team
- Supervise team of 4-6 analysts
- Manage assignments of solutions
- Track promotion of solutions to PPRD and PROD
- Communicate solution updates to project manager
- Train on SDLC process and protocol
- Ensure templates and protocols are followed
- Review and edit solution documents
- Brainstorm and recommend solution designs
- Assess success of deployed solutions
- Recommend to senior leadership new industry models of implementation
Research, Analysis and Specifications
- Identifies potential operational gaps and proposes solutions to address
- Provide analysis to identify downstream effects of interdepartmental initiatives
- Documents and analyzes user business processes and solution/project
requirements and estimates time for task and timeline for completion
- Prepares detailed functional specifications with technical references for
development team and updates change requests
- Documents version control for complex specifications documents
- Serves as facilitator between users and technical group
- Develops and delivers analysis, reporting, and presentation materials
- Participates in the prioritization, planning, execution and deployment of
enhancements to existing systems
- Serves as the primary liaison between functional and technical teams
during system implementations
- Gather proven solutions from registrar networking groups and peer and aspirational institutions’ best practices to offer best practices
Use Cases, Testing and Validation
- Designs user acceptance test plans and test cases and manages the iterative testing process through all environments
- Conducts integration and end-to-end testing; reports issues and provides timely approval/signoff as required
- Writes basic SQL statements to validate and/or identify issues in processes
- Serves as Subject Knowledge Expert for Banner processes
- Troubleshoots deliverables and/or configuration issues
Communication and Training
- Oversees, develops, and facilitates training material and plans to ensure process owners and stakeholders use existing systems as effectively as possible
- Develops user documentation and designs and prepares reports
- Documents future state process design, illustrating inputs, outputs and cross swim lane handoffs
- Provides staff assistance and training during acceptance testing and implementation
- Creates communication plan and writes email drafts for major deployments
- Maintain an operational knowledge base to support various student information system implementations and solutions.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Why are you interested in this position? What experiences and skills do you have that are a good fit for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with project management.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your supervisory experience. Be specific as to how many people you supervised and in what setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your level of proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the attributes that will make you a strong candidate for this position
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your written, oral and interpersonal communication skills?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter