Clinical Research Coordinator A/B
Job location: HUP - Presbyterian Medical Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-21
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleClinical Research Coordinator A/BJob Profile TitleClinical Research Coordinator AJob Description SummaryThis position will assist in the management of multiple clinical trials and responsibilities in specific research area. Coordinate the screening of patients, subject enrollment, collection and storage of biological samples and related study documents, and collection of clinical data. Assist with Institutional Review Board (IRB) filings and inquiries, and assist in the preparation of manuscripts, grant proposals, and research related presentations. Works closely with the Principal Investigator, manager, and study team to identify problems and develop solutions. Implement approved changes to procedures as needed and monitor results. Responsible for study coordination for investigator-initiated studies, multi-center research studies, and patient-oriented clinical and translational research projects. The position is contingent on funding
The Neurosurgery Clinical Research Division is recruiting a Clinical Research Coordinator. The person hired will be required to assist in the management of multiple clinical trials. Primary responsibilities will include the following clinical, regulatory and budgetary duties:
1. Clinical- Recruit and assess research patients, obtaining patient consent, subject scheduling, abstraction of medical information from charts into online databases, data entry and management
2. Regulatory- preparation, submission and monitoring of human subjects protocols, and progress reports. CRF completion.
3. Budgetary- developing clinical trial budgets, communicating with hospital and vendors for quotes for services. Grant and manuscript preparation.
4. Coordinator will also be expected to help motivate staff, patients and families to comply with protocol related diagnostic interventions and to also assist in coordinating surgeries for subjects.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related field and 1 year to 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must complete SOCRA certification within one year of employment. Applicant should demonstrate excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and must be competent and comfortable working with patients. Must be able to multi-task and shift from one part of the project to another depending on priority.
Clinical Research Coordinator is required to manage multiple trials and supervise two clinical research coordinators and research assistants for the department of neurosurgery. Responsibilities will include clinical, regulatory, budgetary and lead duties:
1. Clinical Trial Management- obtaining patient consent, subject scheduling, abstraction of medical information from charts into online databases
2. Regulatory- preparation, submission and monitoring of human subjects protocols, and progress reports
3. Budgetary- developing clinical trial budgets, communicating with hospital and vendors for quotes for services.
4. Supervise and lead two clinical research coordinators, as well as 10 summer students/interns.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a biomedical related field and at least 2 to 4 years of clinical research experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Applicant must complete SOCRA certification within one year of employment. Applicants should demonstrate excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and must be competent and comfortable working with patients. Must be able to multi-task and shift from one part of the project to another depending upon priority.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolPerelman School of MedicinePay Range$36,401.00 - $65,521.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.