Prospect Researcher Senior
Job location: 3535 Market
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-20
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleProspect Researcher SeniorJob Profile TitleProspect Researcher SeniorJob Description SummaryResponsible to the Senior Director of Development Data, Research, and Analysis for the management and production of prospect research for a group of fundraisers within Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations. Includes highly complex work involving the researching and writing of detailed research profiles and reports for the Development staff, as well as the responsibility for managing staff pertaining to special research projects, such as event briefings, board development, and proactive screenings. The Senior Researcher manages his/her own workflow as well as allocates research resources both tools and staff for specific goal-driven projects.
1. Directs and manages a portion of the research workload for Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations (PMDAR). Requests include research needed for major gift work by top University officials, volunteers, and staff, background information for cultivation events and stewardship.
2. Assists development staff in identification and evaluation of major individual prospects, trustees, and other volunteer leaders by using internal and external computerized, published, and public information services for gift cultivation, solicitation, and special events purposes.
3. Uses department, University, and external information sources including interactive databases to identify and develop profiles on prospective individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
4. Evaluates giving abilities and interests of prospective donors.
5. Prepares briefing materials for senior staff.
6. Work with senior-level management on research projects including board and event briefings. Manages deadlines and coordinates the process for producing board and event briefings.
7. Create and manage research’s efforts to create a department newsletter.
8. Works with PMDAR Operations team to train new staff.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of three to five years of development experience required, preferably in prospect research or development operations. Experience in a university development office highly desirable.
3. Knowledge of databases and resources used in development research required.
4. Considerable experience with development CRMs and EPIC highly desirable.
Please provide a resume and cover letter for consideration. Please upload all documents in the "Resume/CV" section of the application prior to submitting.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolDevelopment and Alumni RelationsPay Range$42,953.00 - $77,315.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.