Part-time Faculty World Languages (Workforce Development & Continuing Education) Instructor
Job location: Off Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-26
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty World Languages (Workforce Development & Continuing Education) InstructorJob Description SummaryMontgomery College is accepting applications for the Workforce Development & Continuing Education World Languages program, a non-credit program that serves individuals who wish to learn a world language but do not need college credit. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated faculty members to teach a variety of classes in French, Italian, and Spanish who are available to teach in Clarksburg, Germantown, or Potomac. These faculty members must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrate the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach a 24 contact hour, non-credit language course to adult learners.
- Prepare classroom activities.
- Provide demonstrations, lecture, role-play and lead group activities.
- Manage classrooms.
- Complete administrative course responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years teaching experience with a diverse population.
- Fluent in teaching languages.
- Proven experience delivering high quality instruction.
- Proficiency with computer technology – email, MS Office 365.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience teaching in a community education setting.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.