Supplemental - Aviation Maintenance Technician- Level II
Position Title: Aviation Maintenance Technician – Level II
Reports To: Ed Borstel, Aviation Maintenance Supervisor
Expected Starting Salary Range:
All supplemental employees are required to be part of the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System (MPSERS).
Employees may be eligible for paid medical leave.
This position collaborates with the Aviation Maintenance Supervisor to maintain the aviation fleet to the highest safety levels possible, in a timely and cost effective manner, while complying with all federal and manufacturer protocol.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- High School Diploma or GED
- FAA A&P Certificate or equivalent military training and experience
- Three to five years aircraft mechanical maintenance
- Experience working with Cessna G1000
- Maintenance experience with Cessna and Piper aircraft
- Maintenance experience with a wide range of aircraft
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform 50 hour maintenance
- Perform 100 hour maintenance
- Help to maintain shop cleanliness and safety
- Maintain required certifications and credentials to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Provide maintenance in a cost effective and timely manner.
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This position will work part-time.
Open until filled. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For questions or assistance, email [email protected] or call 231-995-2612.
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.