Adjunct Faculty - Biology
Adjunct Faculty - BiologyTracking Code952-443 Job Description
Unofficial transcripts are required to be attached to your application.
Position Title: Adjunct Faculty - Biology
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty
Reports To: Academic Chair
Anticipated Starting Date: Fall 2018
Starting Salary Range: Click on the following link to view the adjunct faculty salary scale.
All adjunct faculty are required to be part of the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System (MPSERS). Adjunct faculty are eligible to receive tuition benefit during the following academic year based on the contacts taught in the previous academic year.
This adjunct faculty member is responsible for teaching one or more Biology courses, including lectures and labs. This person will also be expected to maintain labs, equipment and reagent inventories and to assist in the development and revision of courses as needed. This adjunct faculty member will employ a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions and encourage active learning in all students, maintain proper class-related records, and promptly assess student coursework and apprise students of progress. The adjunct faculty member is a member of the professional teaching staff that is responsible for effectively implementing the mission of NMC and the Science/Math discipline. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to relate well to a diverse population of learners, and meet the criteria of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Responsibilities may include teaching nights, weekends, and/or online instruction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATIONS
- Master's degree in a science/math area related to the position required, with a bachelor's degree in biology or related field that meets the requirements of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) for the respective course taught.
- Master's degree in biology (meeting HLC requirements)
- Two years’ college-level teaching experience in biology
- Teaching experience in a science/math related area
- Teaching experience in online environments
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This is a part-time position. The work hours may include teaching nights and/or weekends.
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States