Adjunct Faculty - Clinical Nursing
Adjunct Faculty - Clinical NursingTracking Code1104-443 Job Description
Unofficial transcripts are required to be attached to your application.
Position Title: Adjunct Faculty - Clinical Nursing
Department: Health Occupations
Reports To: Academic Chair/Department Head
Anticipated Starting Date: Fall 2019 semester
Starting Salary Range: Click on the following link to view the adjunct faculty salary scale.
All adjunct faculty are required to be part of the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System (MPSERS). Adjunct faculty are eligible to receive tuition benefit during the following academic year based on the contacts taught in the previous academic year.
This adjunct faculty member will employ a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions and encourage active learning in all students, maintain proper class- related records, and promptly assess student coursework and apprise students of progress. Each adjunct faculty member is primarily responsible for effectively teaching students in those classes assigned. In such assignments, each adjunct faculty member is a member of the professional teaching staff that is responsible for effectively implementing the mission of the College and the Health Occupations Academic Area. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to relate well to a diverse population of learners. Responsibilities may include teaching nights, weekends, and/or online instruction.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- BSN in Nursing from four-year college or university
- Registered Nurse License from the State of Michigan
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card with Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider certification
- Recent clinical nursing experience in a hospital setting
- Master’s degree (MSN) from four-year college or university
- Experience teaching students in an academic setting
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This is a part-time position. The work hours may include teaching nights and/or weekends.
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States