Federal Work Study - Wellness Programming
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Wellness Programming Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
- Contribute to the planning, implementing and evaluating of wellness programs.
- Assist in managing weekly outreach through the GRIZZLY Health Cave.
- Provide a variety of health related presentations/workshops to students in the residence halls, classrooms, and student organizations.
- Design and distribute promotional and educational material.
- Publish articles and market the Student Health 101 online monthly magazine.
- Empower peers with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed, voluntary choices regarding all aspects of health and wellness.
- Serve as liaisons between Wellness Programming and the GGC student body.
- Conduct research on various health topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The student holding this position reports to the Assistant Director of Programming.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.Must have a Federal Work-Study awardInterest in Health PromotionProficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)Must be able to work evenings when needed.Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health issues pertaining to college students. Public Speaking
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:No more that 19 hours per week. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt