Financial Aid Specialist, #19-062 - (3 openings)
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Rate: Starting at $13.75 per hour, commensurate with experience
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.We are seeking full-time Financial Aid Specialists who will be responsible for aspects of processing student ISIRS including the verification process and packaging.Full-time staff benefits:
- Employer credit applied towards medical, dental, and vision insurance and much more!Generous paid time off: vacation, sick, personal days, and college recognized holidaysParticipation in the Public Education Employee Retirement System (PEERS)Tuition waiver and reimbursement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts Verification (Federal & SCC).
- Draws in ISIRs & Corrections.
- Processes PELL & SEOG (Title IV) Packaging and related correspondence.
- Develops/maintains Verification & Comm. Management.
- Processes Satisfactory Academic Progress EOT calculations.
- Processes student requests for verification of government assistance.
- Assists with reviewing and awarding Title IV funds.
- Assists with annual setup of FA processes and correspondence.
- Works with Financial Aid Manager to keep current on Federal Regulations for Financial Aid and implement changes to regulations.
- Processes overall FASI updates.
- Assists at front counter & working with students.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If this opportunity sounds extraordinary, please complete our easy, responsive application process! St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.