Desktop/Applications Administrator, #19-035
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Desktop/Applications Administrator who will administer the campus PC network by developing software and Operating System rollouts for SCC computers; testing new software applications before implementation; providing automation for OS and application patches to the PC network by creating scripts and programs to perform specific tasks; providing support to the campus community, as well as the Technology Support personnel; and other duties as specified.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops all standardized software packages and operating systems used on the computer network to fulfill the various software needs of the College.
- Updates and modifies packages supplied by vendors, or created in house via System Center Configuration Manager, JAMF Casper Suite for Mac, creating custom VB scripts and batch scripts, powershell scripts and other scripting languages or manual updates.
- Troubleshoots Windows and other server systems such as: WireShark, autoruns, LUA buglight, Orca, Visual studio, VB scripting, BATCH scripting, powershell scripting, c# scripting, task manager, WMI Explorer, etc.
- Knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory Services (AD), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Server Message Block (SMB), Kerberos, NTLM, NTLMv2, Windows Firewall, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- Serve as technical lead for Computer Specialists (and others) with respect to desktop software and operating system problems.
- Configures and develops automated software update process and procedures, software rollouts, Microsoft service pack implementations, and OS patches using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, self-developed scripts or programs, or other means.
- Provides staff training and supports Computer Specialists. Provides faculty and staff training when necessary including documentation of current procedures developed from testing packages, testing operating systems and environment variables.
- Performs troubleshooting, research, and diagnosis of production problems; corrects problems for all computers.
- Develops and writes procedures for installation and proper use of hardware and software, as well as troubleshooting guides pertaining to those installations.
- Works on special projects to assist various offices, departments, and committees in establishing best practices for use of technology.
- Manages small to medium-sized projects per guidelines of Director-Network Computing.
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Complies with IT procedure for reporting child pornography on SCC equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Operations, or related discipline is required, or four or more years of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Expert level of knowledge of software installation, and hardware such as, personal computers, stand alones, terminals, printers, and related equipment is mandatory.
A minimum of four years full-time relevant experience in Microsoft Server OS, and in microcomputer systems operations management, preventive maintenance, and repair.