Women's Soccer Adjunct Faculty Head Coach
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitleWomen's Soccer Adjunct Faculty Head CoachLocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)Department LocationSacramento City College Division of Kinesiology, Health and AthleticsPosting NumberF00349PThe Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education – students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university – and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties.
Approximately 75,000 plus students are enrolled in our four colleges and outreach centers.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor’s office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community including the District Police Department, Facilities Management Department, and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.Position Summary
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the operation and administration of the Intercollegiate Women’s Soccer team. In regards to the teaching/coaching of the team, in addition to any other course assignments the faculty member is responsible for the following: helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; maintaining thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her teaching field; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Ability to recruit and maintain student athletes sufficient to field a competitive intercollegiate women’s soccer team; Ability to provide clear and accurate information in areas related to the coaching of intercollegiate soccer, including but not limited to the timely/thorough completion of practice schedules, game schedules, behavior and eligibility expectations, contest results, web site information, media guide information, travel requests/records, budget requests/records and purchasing requests/records.Work YearN/AWork Schedule
Variable – must be available nights and weekendsTotal Hrs per Week/DayVariableSpecial RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education completed by June 1, 2018; OR, have a bachelor’s in any of the above AND a master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Physical Education; OR, the equivalent. Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent provision” must provide details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.*
2. Have a minimum of three years of successful coaching experience applicable to intercollegiate or interscholastic soccer.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District adjunct faculty posting are requested to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also requested to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical DemandsSalaryPlease see LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting DateClosing DateOpen ContinuouslyYesBeginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries to be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6547Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/jobs/forms/P-881.pdf" target="_blank">https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/jobs/forms/P-881.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- can you perform the essential functions of the position you are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document