Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
The University of Toledo Foundation:
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Special Event functions. Through its subsidiary, the UT Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University.
The UT Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations:
Develop and implement a comprehensive Corporate and Foundation Relations program. The primary focus will be to secure major gift commitments through strategic partnerships with corporations and foundations to support University priorities.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develop and implement cultivation/solicitation strategies for the Corporate and Foundation prospects.
- Coordinate gift opportunities for Corporations and Foundations with the appropriate members of the fundraising team.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote corporate/foundation giving opportunities.
- Implement stewardship opportunities for existing corporate/foundation donors.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to maximize foundation funding.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or CFRE designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional fundraising experience required.
- Experience in higher education fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated writing and research skills.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to [email protected] Position will remain open until filled.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly