Prospect Research Specialist
The University of Toledo Foundation:
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Special Event functions. Through its subsidiary, the UT Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University.
The UT Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
Prospect Research Specialist:
In coordination with the Director of Prospect Research, the Prospect Research Specialist supports the fundraising efforts of The University of Toledo Foundation through prospect identification, development research and data integrity. As a member of the research team, this position partners with development staff to provide critical research information to help move prospective donors through the fundraising cycle.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Complete reports and profiles on individuals, corporations, and foundations to be used in support of the University in its fundraising efforts.
- Monitor and manage daily news, obituary, and financial alerts and record and distribute information as appropriate to inform and enhance fundraising strategies.
- Produce prospect and donor briefing materials for specific university, development and alumni engagement events and activities in a timely fashion.
- Conduct analysis of constituent records and other sources to identify new prospects capable of supporting the University of Toledo.
- Ensure data integrity of all information relevant to the prospect pipeline.
- Assist in creating and managing fundraising staff portfolios.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures as they relate to prospect research and prospect management.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards regarding donor/prospect confidentiality and all aspects of advancement work.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree along with a minimum of 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of experience, preferably within a fundraising context. Experience working in a university environment is an asset.
- Familiarity with Internet research tools and techniques, preferably using proprietary databases, such as Lexis Nexis.
- Strong computer skills and fluency in Excel required; experience with CRM databases preferred.
- Effective communicator with outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Strong analytical and editing skills essential.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to [email protected] Position will remain open until filled.