Research Associate I -Dermatology
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-21
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Dermatology is actively seeking a Research Associate I to support research activities for the assigned division by conducting laboratory experiments on assigned research projects. Moreover, the incumbent will operate with the goal of advancing his/her expertise through continued education, training, and research.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the publication of significant results.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
- Keeps abreast of current publications relative to methods, techniques, and developments within the area of research.
- Collects, prepares, analyzes, dissects, and evaluates specimens or tissue cultures.
- Perform standard cell and molecular biology laboratory techniques including but not limited to: microRNA isolation/purification and analyses, genomic analyses, primary human cell cultures, real-time PCR, cloning, immunohistochemistry, western blots, protein purification and immunoprecipitation Obtain, prepare, mount and stain tissue, blood and other substances for microscopic examination Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions Determine and set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate and maintain laboratory equipment required for specific tests.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties Collect, organize, analyze and draw preliminary conclusions from experimental data.
- Confer with principal investigator to review work assignments and develop plans for research experiments.
- Review laboratory methods manual, scientific journals, abstracts and other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r4