HIM Clerk II - UMHC-SCCC Site Disease Group - Deerfield - 3 Days a week / 8AM-4:30PM
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-12-20
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami, UMHC/SCCC has an exciting opportunity for a Per-Diem HIM Clerk II. The Per-Diem HIM Clerk II maintains medical records and ensures their completeness while providing excellent customer service to patients.
- Prepares medical records charts and other relevant documentation
- Reviews medical records for completeness and files documents appropriately.
- Pulls medical records as requested by staff or physicians.
- Uses tracking system and databases to accurately document the placement of medical records.
- Copies, faxes, emails, and mails medical records while ensuring patient confidentiality.
- Answers telephones and responds to questions and concerns, and directs calls or takes messages.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports, and correspondence
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:Temporary-IntermittentPay Grade:c101