Job Title: Compliance Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13777
Department: Athletic Corporation
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,813 per month
Note: This position includes full benefits. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Athletic Corporation employees are at-will.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
The Compliance Coordinator reports to the Director of Compliance Services and oversees all facets of NCAA Bylaws 13 (Recruiting) & 14 (Eligibility).
- Monitor NCAA initial eligibility requirements; produce incoming freshmen report
- Serve as the primary contact with NCAA Eligibility Center & Fresno State Admissions Office
- Conduct compliance student-athlete eligibility meetings in the fall and spring
- Monitor transfer eligibility; produce incoming transfer report
- Provide daily eligibility report to coaches and support staff
- Approve and monitor official visits and unofficial visits
- Monitor all facets of NCAA bylaw 13 (recruiting)
- Audit phone calls, text messages, and emails
- Approve recruiting travel
- Monitor tryout process
- Monitor participation reports and seasons of eligibility used
- Send and complete tracer forms and permission to contact
- Provide NCAA rules education
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Compliance Services & Associate Athletics Director of Compliance & Student-Athlete Services
- Provide NCAA Rules Interpretations
- Process NCAA violations
- Process NCAA waivers
- Process Student-Athlete Reinstatements
- Medical Hardships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Bylaws 13 (Recruiting) & 14 (Eligibility)
- Experience drafting NCAA violations and waivers
- Working knowledge of Compliance Assistant (CAi), LSDBi, and Eligibility Center
- Experience conducting rules education presentations
- Ability to analyze and research NCAA bylaws
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work cooperatively with coaches, staff, faculty, students and members of the community
- Ability and willingness to support the diversity and equity commitments of the department
- Commitment to academic integrity and compliance with University, conference and NCAA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- One year of experience working in a NCAA Compliance office
- Master’s degree or J.D from an accredited university.
- Two years of experience working at Division I level.
- Previous experience with recruiting software such as ARMS.
- Previous experience using PeopleSoft.
- Previous experience with NCAA Bylaws 13 (Recruiting) & 14 (Eligibility)
- Previous experience using NCAA Compliance Assistant (CAi)
September 4, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.