Administrative Associate III
Administrative Associate III
Job Number: 84375
Administrative Associate 3 Job Code: 4103 Job Grade: F FTE: 100%, Non-exempt School of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering The Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is one of the largest departments in the School of Engineering at Stanford, with over 40 faculty and roughly 800 undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students. The department is consistently ranked in the top group of all mechanical engineering departments in the nation. Faculty members in Stanford's Department of Mechanical Engineering work in five major research groups that reflect the department's focus and methodologies. Our philosophy is simple: We push the limits of the possible - the ultra-efficient and hyper-fast, the maximally enduring and most sustainable, the fully autonomous and the super-controlled. We employ a range of methodologies: design thinking, computational simulation, control systems and multi-scale approaches that range from the nanoscale to complex biological and mechanical systems.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Flow Physics and Computational Engineering (FPCE) Group is contributing new theories, models, computational tools and laboratory measurements for accurate engineering design analysis and control of complex flows including acoustics, transition, heat transfer, chemical reactions, biofluids, complex fluids, plasmas, and other phenomena of interest in aerodynamics, electronics cooling, environmental engineering, materials processing, planetary entry, propulsion and power systems, and other areas.
FPCE seeks a professional, highly organized and energetic Administrative Associate to join its team. The successful candidate will manage a variety of projects interacting with staff, students and faculty, while providing friendly and efficient support. The ideal candidate will have a gift for administration, an affinity for the creative process, and a love of working with faculty and students. The administrative associate will thrive in managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment. They will be organized, personable, detail-oriented, creative, and flexible, with a passion for supporting the mission of the department.
Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher education strongly preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organization
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 84375
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency