Job Number: 84377
Business Title: Accountant Appointment Duration: 1-Year Fixed TermDivision: Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job announcement.
Stanford University seeks a highly motivated, and organized Accountant to provide accounting support for Resident Fellow and Row Program houses. This individual will perform moderately complex accounting activities and functions, including monitoring accounts, preparing documentation, expenditure reconciliations and reviews, revenue reporting/accounting, general ledger transactions, and journal entries.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. Contribute to the development of analyses to be used for key activities or decision making. Approve and review transactions posted to QuickBooks for external bank accounts.
- Approve all transactions submitted by Community Coordinators while ensuring internal policies are adhered to and correct accounts are charged.
- Approve and review transactions posted to QuickBooks for external bank accounts.
- Prepare compound journal entries with multiple debit and credits using Oracle Financial System.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions. Ensure work complies with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.
- Review and reconcile external bank accounts and determine if transactions comply with internal policies.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve accounting issues; probe beyond stated situation; identify underlying issues; recognize exceptions; perform preliminary analysis.
- Research and resolve any issues associated with external bank accounts, including improper payments to individuals, missing data in QuickBooks, and/or any policy compliance issues.
- Assist in reporting financial irregularities to controller's office by documenting processes for irregular transactions and making recommendations for improved procedures.
- Run, maintain, reconcile, review, combine, analyze and validate nancial data sets, utilizing nancial reports, nancial databases, and key nancial information often from multiple systems. Assist in the preparation of basic management information reports.
- Create and provide month-end and year-end reports for Community Coordinators and Associate Deans on spending vs. revenue and notate anomalies by residence and forecast future spending.
- Assist in preparing short-term budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare month-end analyses of financial reports to ensure data is accurate, spot spending trends and provide recommendations or create improved reports.
- Combine data sets from Oracle and student grant program for ad-hoc, quarterly, and year-end reports to grant funding departments and Residential Education leadership.
- Prepare and review reports for Row house external bank accounts/QuickBooks for Row house leadership.
- Assist in month-end and year-end close.
- Recommend, assist, test, or implement process streamlining, system improvements or work ow changes. Contribute to development and maintenance of desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments to resolve accounting-related issues.
- May train, coach, and review the work of other sta, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.
- Provide ongoing training of Community Coordinators, Row Finance Managers, and administrative staff on finance policy and procedures.
- Liaison for staff on questions about financial policy and solving accounting issues.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
Associate degree plus two years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
Proficiency in basic business applications, such as Microsoft Office; user knowledge of Excel.
Basic knowledge of accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts with great attention to detail.
Ability to draft professional e-mails, memos, business letters, and reports, and to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
Ability to learn project management skills and to participate as part of a project team.
Quickbooks and/or prior Oracle Financial System experience a plus.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodations to any employee with a disability who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Job Title: Accountant 1
Job Code: 4441
Salary Level: G
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4441
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 84377
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency